Friday, November 3, 2017

Crumbs, or the story of NOT being a hoarder, LOL! or...are you a crumby quilter???

 OK...well as quilters, we love fabric.  Tons and lots and big pieces and yardage and itty bitty scraps; it all warms our little hearts.
 I have been saving crumbs; pieces that are irregular and smaller and not strings (Strings are my secret or not so secret addiction!)  into this 3 gallon plastic pretzel bin.  I could easily fill another  one!  I think that I could sew a couple of crumby quilts from this bunch of smaller pieces.  I really want to share some of these crumbs...and not be a hoarder, LOL!  These are all from my personal sewing, over the years.


So...are you a crumby quilter?  I think I would love to give away at least this many crumbs of fabric, to some one. Maybe a newer quilter who does not have a big stash, or someone that just wants to make a crumb quilt!!!  If you just comment that you would like some, I can send a box to you, stuffed full of crumbs, and some bigger pieces, too.    If there is more than one person, I will have a drawing next week. 
 This is a pretty sweet girl, don't you think??  Rosie is a quilting poodle!
Here are some of my found 8 inch blocks laid out.  I need a few more for a full quilt...so will keep on stitching!





Have a super day!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love scraps and have a quilt in progress that's being made from all sorts of random scraps. I'd be thrilled to win your tub of scraps to add to the scrap craziness I've got going on in Southern Oregon! sally.woolard@yahoo.com

Janet O. said...

Now there is a great use for a large pretzel tub! LOL
Good of you to share--or is it more a fear of being labeled a hoarder?:)
You must have blocks hiding all over your house, woman! You keep coming up with so many new groups of blocks!

Marga Pieper said...

Would love to make a change at this.
I do love scraps, want to make a quilt with it like making your own fabric again.
Then from that a dresden or two ore more.....
Thanks in advange.

Warm regards,
Marga

LintLady said...

Hello Julie,
jepp, Crumps! What are you making of them? Did you make a quilt already with them? Please show us.
No, I don't need more of crumbs . I have my own collection *lol*
Happy Weekend, Doris :o)

Joyce Carter said...

I love, love, love scrappy quilts, Julie, and would love to have some of your scraps. I use everything from the smallest piece on up. Thank you so much for the chance.
I love all the blocks you have been finding. They are going to make a beautiful quilt.Just wondering, Where have you been hiding all of them? LOL

Chantal said...

Whoohoo! Crumbs! You know I love crumbs and use them regularly. If you want to have only USA residents in the draw, that's okay, I understand. If Canada is included, then, please count me in. There's lots of lovely fabric in that jar. Yummm! Enjoy the new sampler quilt. Can't wait to see what kind of sashing you will use this time. ;^)

Julierose said...

Rosie is sooo cute. I have cardboard boxes FULL of crumbs! So I need to do some crumby quilting this coming year...your gift would be great for a newbie for sure, MOI??? I don't need anymore crumbs lol ...hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

I've been quilting small/tiny for several years now. I love the crumbs more than the yardage.......with a room full to prove it. Last one was Pineapple Crazy from Bonnie Hunter.
Diann Smith kyquiltymama@hotmail.com and thanks for the chance.

Kristie said...

I love scraps of all sizes! I have been trying to save crumbs and small scraps for a quilt that I have in mind.
Kristie

Bonnie said...

I love crumbs. I am trying to make a crumb quilt. They remind me of make do quilts, warm . Please I would love some of your crumbs.

Thanks Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that save crumbs in those pretzel containers. I also have one for fabric strings for the garden. Don't worry I don't use good fabric but passed along fabric that just is not useful for a quilt. It does make for a colorful garden.

UplayOnline said...

No, I don't need more of crumbs . I have my own collection *lol*


แคมฟรอก

Kyle said...

No need for more crumbs here. Love how your scrap sampler is coming together. Lots of lovely colors together..

Sewing Sue said...

Oh gosh, I knew I could not be the only one who saved small pieces!! I used to say I was saving them for paper piecing. Or trying to fill a doggie bed... you know what we tell ourselves. I must make myself toss the strings I cut off to square up the ends before I cut strips. I mean, I have two ice cream tubs of strings to tie up the tomato plants next year. I now forbid myself from saving anything less than 2 inches square. Good luck with giving away the jarful!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have the same problem! I do hoard fabric... all kinds, all sizes!
And I love playing with people's scraps.. I'm sure it's a sickness! LOL

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...