Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Adding flowers to the mix!

 Well, I have been busy appliqueing these vines down.  The vines are mostly done, so I could not resist adding some flowers, just to see what is would look like!!! I found all the pieces and parts of this quilt in the never ending quilt closet, set them all together, and have been working on the vine...it is all my design...and that feels great!!  Needs a lot more work...but eventually?  It will get done!


Happy beginning of the week!!


Julie

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

And what a fresh, happy design it is! Lovely work--have you considered publishing patterns?

Leeanne said...

Fresh and pretty. Janet O is correct.........you should!

Terry said...

It's beautiful! :0)

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Love it!!

Vicki W said...

That one looks like it's been a lot of fun to work on. It exudes "happy"!

barbara woods said...

that is so pretty, keep thinking i will do that one day.

Rebecca in AK said...

A wonderful Julie Quilt! Love it!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's looking really nice!

Kyle said...

Those flowers were the perfect addition to the border. They're happy and gently swaying in the breeze.

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! Appliqué intimidates me, so I avoid it.

Lori said...

What a cheerful spring quilt!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Indeed you have been busy Julie, and it is looking so good. Lovely colors, all these beautiful pinwheels, the gorgeous applique border. Wonderful work.
Greetings,
Sylvia

KaHolly said...

Ooooh, the perfect compliment to your quilt! Loving it muchly! XO

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...