Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A winner!! And the newest prize for the binding blitz!

 I just have to show you Cindy C's quilt!!  Cindy was kind enough to send me an e-mail, with the picture of her gorgeous quilt attached, for the binding blitz.  I could NOT get it to download...so I took a picture of the screen, in desperation!  This quilt is so very pretty, and I thank Cindy so much for sending in her entry for the binding blitz!!


Drum roll please!!  Number 2 was chosen by the random number generator, and that makes Ruth of Country Log Cabin our winner!!  Big thanks to everyone who participated...and keep on going on the bindings!!  I think you will like this month's gift!
 I know you have seen this quilt before, but the binding is all done on this one, and I have washed it
 and napped under it, LOL!!  The blocks are 6 inch finished, so the littlest pieces are less than an inch square.  Love it so much!!  It makes me want to make another one.
 One of my favorite blocks is the little blue and yellow pinwheel block; I love that one!
Our friend Kim Diehl writes the most wonderful books!!  I chose this book from our local quilt shop, to be the gift for the binding blitz for this month.  I think you would like it...so keep on binding, friends!!



***********************Nurse's Notes********************


Happy Nurse's week to all those nurses out in the trenches!


My patient of the week is in his 90's.  Very ill when he first came in, he was on the ventilator, and really not expected to make it.  Now...he is a big flirt!!  A mapmaker in the military and then in civilian life, he also builds boats and works with wood.  Those blue eyes just slay me every time I see him!! His eyes are piercing blue and just full of fun!!   He is up walking in the hall now and griping about getting out of the hospital.  I love it!!!  From very near death...to a fun, useful, and productive life.  His family adores him...and I can see why.  Hurrah, sweet gentleman!!!  Go on and enjoy your life!!  You made this nurse's week.

*****************************************************

Julie

18 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Celebrate your quilting AND your nursing success story! I loved both of them.

Congratulations to the blitz winners.

Ranch Wife said...

Your quilt is absolutely amazing! I love how that special sashing frames your lovely blocks.
I am touched by your nursing story...I'm fairly certain you made his week as well!!

Karen said...

I have wanted to make one of those alphabet snowman quilts!

paulette said...

The ABC quilt is on my TO DO List...gorgeous!! And loved your nursing story today!! So up-beat and positive!!

Sherrill said...

Awww, that is so great about your little patient. Our older folks are just the best. And I LOVE this month's prize--one of Kim's books I DON'T have!! Keep saying I need to but this month I'm gonna!

Lilac Joan said...

My hat is off to our nurses! I have had to good fortune to only experience good ones!

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Such a beautiful quilt, but 6" squares !!! Too much work for me.
Love the old man! Making nurses and other people around him happy.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Julie,
such beautiful quilts, you have done a great job on yours. It is stunning.
Oh, the book looks very tempting, I am in intense quilting mode.
Have to do that before I can bind.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Leeanne said...

Generous person giving away a lovely book.

Anonymous said...

Love your quilt! I am finding it harder and harder to make sure I have something to bind each month. I am impressed you keep having such beautiful quilts ready to bind!

Loris said...

Congrats to Ruth and to Cindy as well for finishing such a beautiful quilt! Your sampler is wonderful. I love the pieced corners blocks.
Great story of your pt. I remember one from (yikes!) over 30 years ago...a pt actually recovered from a ruptured abdominal aneurysm. We bascically lived his life for him with rather drastic measures for well over a month. Later in the year, he came walking through the unit to thank us. He looked great and I could hardly recognize him. God still had plans for his life here on earth!

Lori said...

What a great sampler! I put my Dear Jane on my bed yesterday and the quilts are similar with their small blocks.

Janet O. said...

Congrats to Ruth. She is a sweetheart, and that is a great prize!
Your sampler is beautiful.
Great story about the elderly gentleman. Are you feeling well enough for work?

Chantal said...

Congratulations to Ruth! Yeah! happy for her. I love that quilt you've made Julie. It is such a beautiful with its tiny little pieces. What patience you have. Love the nurse's note too. Thanks for sharing all these precious life moments with us.

Sue SA said...

I am rushing off to finish quilting two quilts, just so I have a chance at winning that beautiful Kim Diehl book!! Glad the patient made it, love your nursing stories :)

Missy Shay said...

Is the binding blitz party at the end of the month? I finally put the binding on a quilt!

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Love the quilt top. So glad to see I'm not the only one that has tops that need to be finished. I'm going to try and get a couple done, but who knows. If you have a solid that goes with the prints, you could go that way. Good luck! Love your work.

{Geo}Holly said...

Love,love, love your sampler quilt!! It's eye candy. Is there a pattern? A book? I would love to make one of my own. You make me want to quilt everything!!!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...