Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thrift Store

Ok, Miss Bonnie, you have got me started on the thrift stores!! I went to drop off 3 big bags of things to donate, from cleaning and de-cluttering here this week. I saw the above plaid shirt, it is just the most luscious of orange/pumpkin colors. Plaid and pretty!! For (drumroll please) 99 cents. Such a deal! I also saw a silver serving set, tarnished black, must have weighed 5 pounds...for $29.00. I did not get it, it is still there. I wonder if someone got tired of polishing it?? I also shopped in the jeans department, I almost live in jeans, it seems. And found a pair of "Cruel girl" jeans, with the store tag still on them, never been washed...$3.99. The store tag said $65.00. Yep, took those too! Fun!!
The above is a little quilt for a friend to be un-named until later. Just a peek...
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! A little rain around our area, and wind from the receding hurricane, and many blessings that it was not worse on our coast.
JulieK

15 comments:

meggie said...

Love those thrifty bargains!
What a sweet little gingerbread man!

Teresa said...

Wow...great buys! Cute little gingerbread man too.

Amelia said...

You got some real bargains at the thrift store...you took three sacks and brought home some merchandise...keeps the economy afloat that way.

Enjoy all your blessings.

amelia

Lyn said...

Hello Julie, I love the pumpkin colour of the plaid shirt.Perfect colour with cream/green/gold and may a splash of eggplant.Love the gingerbreadman. Regards Lyn

Linda said...

The peek of the lil quilt is too cute! Nice to see you found some good deals at the thrift shop! Glad to hear things were not too bad in your neck of the woods.

Hazel said...

Nice finds ,the jeans were a real steal .Makes me wonder why more people don't shop there .
The ginger bread man is sooo cute .

*karendianne. said...

What a find. Right on. And I love that cute little gingerbread man.

Thrifty Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

quilterpolly said...

love the orange...that would go great in my pumpkin quilt. love the gingerbread man:)

Libby said...

Thrifting can be fun . . . and very rewarding *s*

Finn said...

Hey Julie Q, great finds at the local thrift store. Absolutely nothing wrong with seizing a bargain when you see one! Everyone is beginning to think "green" these days.
The new shirt will surely enjoy life as part of a quilt this fall!
Your gingerbread men look adorable!
And you know I got you linked in out NYE countdown, right *VBG* Big hugs, Finn

Marilyn Robertson said...

It can be so much fun to find bargins, and it looks like you found some great ones! That little gingerbread guy is a cutie!

Nan said...

What a great find! I will have to make a run to the thrift store one of these days, too.
I love the sneak peek - that gingerbread man is too cute! Have a wonderful day, Julie!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Bonnie's addiction, passed on to us, could leave the Goodwills bereft of shirts! What bargains you snagged!! Love that little Gingerbread boy.

Lynn said...

Darling gingerbread man - can't wait to see the whole thing!

Texan said...

sounds like you have had some fun there girly and what buys you got at the thrift shop!!!

I love the gingerbread man quilt or atleast what I can see of it :O) it looks wonderful!!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...